Tuesday, 19 May 2026

Garrick Higgo Splits With Caddie After PGA Championship Penalty

Garrick Higgo Splits With Caddie After PGA Championship Penalty

Garrick Higgo has changed caddies just days after a costly rules penalty at the PGA Championship, ending his partnership with Austin Gaugert and bringing back Nick Cavendish-Pell for this week's CJ Cup Byron Nelson in Dallas.

What Happened

According to reports from Yahoo Sports and Golfweek, Higgo split with Gaugert on Monday. No formal reason was given for the change, but the timing drew attention because it came immediately after Higgo's late arrival for his opening-round tee time at the PGA Championship at Aronimink.

Why the Split Drew Notice

Higgo was assessed a two-stroke penalty after arriving late to the tee on Thursday. He later said he was there at 7:18 and 30 seconds, but under the rule, even being one second late counts as late. Golfweek noted that he shot 69 in the first round despite the penalty, then followed with a 76 on Friday and missed the cut by one stroke. Without the penalty, he would have played the weekend.

The Caddie Change

Golfweek reported that Higgo has hired Nick Cavendish-Pell, who previously worked with him and was on the bag for Higgo's first PGA Tour win at the 2021 Palmetto Championship. Yahoo Sports also reported that Cavendish-Pell will rejoin Higgo this week in Dallas. Gaugert had been on the bag for Higgo's 2025 Corales Puntacana Championship win.

What Comes Next

Player-caddie changes are common on tour, but this one lands differently because it followed a highly visible mistake at a major. The next question is simple: whether the reunion with Cavendish-Pell settles things quickly and helps Higgo regain momentum.

Sources: Garrick Higgo splits with caddie days after arriving late to PGA Championship tee time, missing cut at Aronimink from Yahoo Sports; Garrick Higgo splits with caddie after PGA Championship penalty from Golfweek.

Billie Jean King Finishes Her College Degree at 82

Billie Jean King Finishes Her College Degree at 82

Billie Jean King added another milestone to a life already packed with them, graduating from California State University, Los Angeles with a bachelor's degree in history more than six decades after she first left school to pursue tennis full time.

A Degree Interrupted by Greatness

King originally left college in 1964 while already emerging as a major force in tennis. Both The Guardian and WTA Tennis report that she returned after learning she was only about a year short of completing the degree she started in the early 1960s.

Why the Moment Matters

This was not just a symbolic walk across a stage. King completed the final coursework, including historical research and writing, while reflecting on movements she helped shape, including Title IX and LGBTQ+ equality. That gives the graduation an unusual weight: she was not simply being honored for past fame, she was finishing the academic work itself.

The Broader Legacy

King's athletic record was already secure long before this week's ceremony. Her career includes 39 Grand Slam titles, the founding of the WTA, a central role in the push for equal prize money, and the iconic 1973 "Battle of the Sexes" victory over Bobby Riggs. The new degree does not change that legacy, but it sharpens another part of it: persistence over prestige.

What She Told Graduates

At commencement, King framed the moment as both personal and collective, telling classmates it was a privilege to stand with them as a member of the graduating class. The Guardian reported her joking line about the long timeline: "Yeah baby, only 61 years!" The point landed because it was true. She came back, did the work, and finished what she started.

Bottom Line

For most public figures, late-career honors are ceremonial. This one was earned the slower way. Billie Jean King's latest headline is not about nostalgia. It is about completion.

Sources: The history-maker becomes a history graduate: Billie Jean King finishes her degree at 82 from WTA Tennis; Billie Jean King graduates from college at age 82 after leaving for tennis from The Guardian.

Why Nippon Sangoku Is Emerging as an Attack on Titan Successor

Why Nippon Sangoku Is Emerging as an Attack on Titan Successor

Attack on Titan still shapes anime conversation years after its finale, and one new Spring 2026 series is already being framed as a possible spiritual successor. Recent coverage points to Nippon Sangoku: The Three Nations of the Crimson Sun as a darker, politically charged recommendation for viewers who miss the intensity, moral ambiguity, and militarized world-building that made Hajime Isayama's series so influential.

What the Comparison Is Really About

The comparison is less about giant monsters and more about tone. According to ScreenRant's recent feature, Nippon Sangoku opens with a brutal, destabilized world and quickly leans into war, factional power struggles, and the psychological cost of survival. That puts it in the same lane as the later political and military arcs of Attack on Titan, even if the setting and central threat are different.

Why Attack on Titan Still Resonates

Part of the reason these comparisons keep landing is that Attack on Titan built a reputation for refusing simple heroes and villains. A separate piece from FandomWire revisits that tension by ranking some of the series' most disliked characters, arguing that the story's moral gray zones are exactly what made viewers so emotionally invested. That long-running ability to split fan opinion is part of why audiences are still looking for a worthy follow-up.

What Makes Nippon Sangoku Stand Out

Early reactions highlighted in the ScreenRant write-up focus on three things: a bleak post-apocalyptic setting, power structures built on violence and manipulation, and a protagonist who relies more on intelligence than brute force. That does not make the show a clone of Attack on Titan, but it does explain why it is already being recommended to fans who want another series with a similarly unforgiving edge.

Bottom Line

No replacement can simply recreate what made Attack on Titan hit so hard, but Nippon Sangoku appears to be one of the first 2026 releases drawing that comparison for understandable reasons. For viewers chasing the mix of dread, strategy, and moral pressure that defined Isayama's story, this is one of the more credible new titles to watch.

Sources: 2026's Best Attack on Titan Replacement Anime Is Officially Here from ScreenRant; The 10 Most Hated Attack on Titan Characters, Ranked from FandomWire.

Monday, 18 May 2026

PlayStation Plus Subscription Price Hike

PlayStation Plus Subscription Price Hike

Sony says PlayStation Plus prices are rising for new customers in select regions starting May 20, with the company citing ongoing market conditions. The announced starting prices are $10.99 USD / €9.99 EUR / £7.99 GBP for one-month plans and $27.99 USD / €27.99 EUR / £21.99 GBP for three-month plans. (Sources: IGN, Eurogamer)

What Is Changing

IGN reports that the one-month subscription is going up by $1 and the three-month option by $3 in the newly announced pricing. Eurogamer notes that in the UK, the currently listed one-month price of £6.99 would move to £7.99, while the three-month price of £19.99 would move to £21.99. (Sources: IGN, Eurogamer)

Who Is Affected

Both reports say the change is aimed at new customers in select regions. Existing subscribers are not affected unless their subscription lapses or changes, with Sony specifically noting exceptions for Turkey and India. (Sources: IGN, Eurogamer)

What Is Still Unclear

Eurogamer says Sony's wording suggests these starting prices may refer to the baseline PlayStation Plus Essential tier, but the company had not clarified whether the higher-priced Extra and Premium tiers would also change. That leaves some uncertainty about the full scope of the increase beyond the entry-level offering. (Source: Eurogamer)

What Comes Next

The new prices are scheduled to begin on May 20, so the next question is whether Sony provides more detail on which regions are affected and whether Extra and Premium pricing will move as well. For now, the clearest confirmed change is that new subscribers in select markets will pay more for short-term PlayStation Plus plans. (Sources: IGN, Eurogamer)

EDC Las Vegas 2026

EDC Las Vegas 2026

Las Vegas is heading into one of its busiest weekends of the year as Electric Daisy Carnival returns alongside other major events on the Strip and across the valley. Local reporting says large crowds are expected beginning Friday night, with traffic impacts likely around the festival corridor and other high-profile venues. (Sources: KTNV Las Vegas, KSNV)

What Is Happening This Weekend

KTNV reports that EDC is taking over the northeast valley for a three-day run, while Caesars Palace is also drawing attention with the opening of a new day club and a planned motorcycle stunt over the front fountains. The combined schedule is expected to add to congestion in several parts of Las Vegas, especially during the evening hours. (Source: KTNV Las Vegas)

Why EDC Matters To Las Vegas

KSNV reports that the festival's 30th anniversary is also delivering a major tourism and spending boost. According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, more than half a million festival-goers are expected in the valley over the next three days. Visitors interviewed by the station described long-term budgeting for tickets, hotels, fuel, and transportation, underscoring how much money EDC weekend pushes into the local economy. (Source: KSNV)

Traffic And Visitor Impact

With EDC crowds arriving and resort-area events happening at the same time, local coverage points to heavier traffic on roads leading into the northeast valley and near the Strip. KTNV says shuttles are being recommended as an easier option for festival attendees, while KSNV's interviews suggest many visitors are turning the weekend into a broader Las Vegas trip that includes hotels, pool parties, restaurants, and other tourist spending. (Sources: KTNV Las Vegas, KSNV)

What Comes Next

EDC runs through the weekend, so the biggest test for Las Vegas will be crowd management, transportation flow, and how well the city handles overlapping entertainment events. If attendance meets expectations, the weekend will likely reinforce EDC's role as both a marquee festival and a significant economic driver for Southern Nevada. (Sources: KTNV Las Vegas, KSNV)