Thursday, 21 May 2026

Sacha Baron Cohen Hints at More Mephisto After Ironheart Debut

Sacha Baron Cohen Hints at More Mephisto After Ironheart Debut

Sacha Baron Cohen has suggested that his Marvel character Mephisto may return after the villain's first appearance in Ironheart, while also indicating that Borat may be finished as an active screen character. (Mephisto's Potential MCU Return Addressed By Sacha Baron Cohen, ScreenRant) Separate reporting from IGN says Cohen is leaning away from another Borat project even as speculation around Mephisto grows. (Sacha Baron Cohen Says Borat May Never Return, But Gives Hope for Mephisto's Future, IGN)

What Happened

Mephisto appeared in the final episode of the Disney Plus series Ironheart, giving Marvel viewers their first on-screen look at the long-rumored character. Yahoo's coverage notes that Cohen had less than five minutes of MCU screen time so far, but still said he expects Mephisto to return. (Despite having less than five minutes of screentime in the MCU so far, Sacha Baron Cohen thinks Mephisto will return, Yahoo)

Why It Matters

The update matters because it links Cohen to two very different entertainment storylines at once: the possible end of Borat as a recurring franchise figure and the beginning of a potentially larger Marvel role. If Mephisto returns, Marvel would be expanding a character that fans have discussed for years before his actual arrival in the franchise.

What Comes Next

Marvel has not announced a specific follow-up project centered on Mephisto, so the next step is likely to come through future casting news or a broader MCU slate update. For now, the public signal is limited but notable: Cohen is openly discussing the character's future, and multiple outlets are treating his Ironheart debut as the start of a longer arc rather than a one-off cameo.

No comments: