Tuesday 5 February 2008

Shell Kepler

Was actual sad to apprehend that extra Shell Kepler, best accepted for arena the gossip-loving assistant Amy Vining on "General Hospital," died on Friday of renal abortion at a hospital abreast her home in Portland, Ore. She was 49. Just over the weekend I was talking about my aboriginal '80s adulation activity with "General Hospital" aback a accessory mentioned accepting run into Finola Hughes at a Fashion Week accident actuality in New York. It was the summer of '79 and my mom hadn't gone aback to assignment yet, so she was home absorbed on "her stories" on ABC. My brother and I bound got into them too, absorbed by the exploits of Monica and Alan Quartermaine (and angry sister Tracy), Bobbie Spencer, Robert and Holly Scorpio, Luke and Laura -- and abstracted Scotty Baldwin and Joe Kelly. You could consistently calculation on Amy Vining to be at the accession breadth with all the latest bowl on all of the hospital employees' blue affairs. By the time I started aerial academy Mom was alive afresh and we gradually absent interest. (Like Dr. Noah Drake, we had confused on.) Then in '83 I apprehend in a music annual that Assistant Vining -- aka Shell Kepler -- had appear an EP as Shell and the Crush (so New Wave!). I never got about to affairs it, but aback I heard about Shell's casual I bound angry to the Internet and begin a blow set to her song "When You Look My Way," address of YouTube DJ 4gottenTraxxx. Thanks for the memories, Shell!

No comments: